Working With Us
At Stonewood Partnerships our philosophy is to find, nurture and promote talent and add to that core the brightest and best from across the industry.
This is without doubt the biggest contributor to our success so far. Our 97 per cent staff retention over the last ten years demonstrates how valuing the people we work with pays off.
Of our board, 80 per cent have worked hands-on in the industry while 90 per cent of our group site managers have been promoted internally. Seven of our 25 site managers began with us as labourers and progressed through apprenticeships into supervisory and eventually management positions. We employ more than 200 skilled and dedicated people.
Our management style is based on the team spirit we first found on the sports field and in the intervening years nothing has changed. Our people are our strength.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who want to play a key part in our continued growth. In return, you will be working for a company that has a strong commitment to training and development and a company that recognises that its success is only as good as its people.
Assistant Site Manager
As Assistant Site Manager, you will be expected to oversee the day to day running of the site whilst ensuring that the works are completed on time and within budget.
Further duties and responsibilities include:
· Managing direct employees and sub-contract labour
· Managing material supply
· Promoting and ensuring the quality of sub-contract work as projects progress
· Involvement in sub-contract pre-let packages along with the Quantity Surveyor
· Reviewing construction drawings
· Liaising with Design co-ordinator & consultants when required to overcome site problems
· Ensuring the H&S and presentation of sites are compliant
· H&S audits and ensuring all RAMS are reviewed and up to date at all times
· Provide support/advice for construction programming
· Monitor actual site progress to the latest programme and report back to line manager
· Resolving design and building problems
· Conducting site progress meetings
· Attending design team meetings
· Maintaining client relations
· Continuous overview of all sub-contractors to ensure that build targets are met
· Providing site feedback to allow monthly project reporting
· The ability to manage & co-ordinate multiple sub contractors
· Good level of IT skills including Microsoft Office – Excel, Outlook, Word etc
· Good level of commercial awareness
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication, presentation, management and negotiation skills
· Experience with all trades – groundworks, steelworks, electrical, mechanical, carpenters, general trades
· Ability to interpret drawings and identify any issues or problems with design
· Experience with construction programmes with the ability to monitor and assess site progress
· Clean driving license
· Good organisational skills
· Self-motivated, driven and a team player
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team, if you would like to join our ever growing company please get in touch with us below.